LEAD HYBRIS JAVA DEVELOPER(COE_LEAD HYBRIS)
Τελευταία Ενημέρωση :
26/1/2017 11:50:00 πμ
LEAD HYBRIS JAVA DEVELOPER
Center of Excellence (CoE), Ahold Delhaize Group
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 22 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
Alfa Beta is one of the largest retail chain with 277 Super Markets, 14 Cash & Carry, 87 franchise stores and over 13 500 employees.
The Lead Hybris developer will design, program, coordinate the delivery with a remote development team and maintain regional digital business solutions based on our SAP Hybris web commerce solution.
This work can be project-related or can be enhancements to existing applications. He/she will also have to coach the remote development team, and stay up-to-date with all best practices and innovations on the market.
More specifically, the job holder:
- Leads a remote team of 6-7 developers
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements the new or modified applications, in line with the Ahold Delhaize Group IT development, operations and security standards and guidelines
- Participates in delivering a re-usable, configurable, multi-format, multi-channel ecommerce platform that is being rolled out in multiple countries for the region that is being serviced
- Provides assistance in establishing digital development & architectural best practices, and ensures that the digital best practices and development guidelines are adhered to by all team members
- Provides planning input by means of complexity assessments and driving effort estimations to allow project managers to enable the project, based on an agile delivery method
- Delivers best in class, operable and sustainable Business Solutions with an optimal balance and integration between the different elements: Applications, Infrastructure, Data, Business Processes, Business Organization, IT Organization
- Performs testing and validation of new functionality, code review to be conducted and provides 4th-line application support when required in liaison with the 3rd line application support organization
- Coordinates & reviews the development work of internal or external developers and partners and may act internally as subject matter expert to mentor and maintain corporate digital strategy across all team members
- 5-8 years prior experience in Java development. Experience in retail environment will be considered an asset
- Master Degree in Information Technology or relevant field
- Strong Java/JEE programming skills, and proven experience in development of digital applications. Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) is considered a strong asset
- Excellent object oriented software design skills, understanding of design patterns, knowledge of spring framework, web services (SOAP, REST), test driven development (JUnit, Mockito) and peripheral tools (Ant, Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in standard IT processes (change management, project management etc), troubleshooting of technical issues, eCommerce platforms (e.g. SAP Hybris), front end technologies, MVC Frameworks and Solr/Lucen is considered an asset
- Excellent command of the English language both written & spoken. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch and/or Romanian will be considered an asset
- Ability to work within a matrix-style structure with international teams (European delivery experience preferable) on-shore and near-shore
- Proven problem solving skills, identifying solutions and following innovative approaches
- Strong results orientation, accountability and resourcefulness
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances & multicultural environments
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Teamwork and cooperation, capacity to take a leading role while providing expert level technical assistance to developers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Traveling up to 20% depending on the nature and the duration of the assigned projects/work
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: (ref: COE_LEAD HYBRIS)
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential